Monday 25 October 2010

My gaming addiction....

If this was an AA meeting i would explain about my gaming addiction. How when i am feeling down I need to play a little bit.  When im bored, I play a little bit.  When i can't sleep, I play a little bit. Any  excuse really, i find myself in front of the xbox.  Yes its sad I know,  but it is a fun addiction.  Till this day i say it doesn't hurt no body.

Alas I am not home, I hath left mine xbox in America and now i am feeling a major itch. Call of duty Black ops comes out soon... i left the same day Halo Reach came out. Every day I see whats going on; i follow along on youtube and websites the best i can. What games I need to buy immediately upon my return and what games I am blessed to have not played. However it's not the same.  The feel of the controller in ones hand. Your thumb on the joystick...index finger on the trigger, the anticipation, then the action.  (On a related note I have heard  Medal of Honor is crap.... despite all the hype they created It seems they should have put more time into developing it.)

There is nothing like sitting in front of a tv and interacting with it. Becoming one with your video game avatar and being heroic.  Nothing like pulling the trigger and tallying up a kill count. Nothing like the challenge of man vs machine, and even man vs man. ahh,  I feel a trip to the game center coming pretty soon.

For those of you out there that can not relate, you can ignore my plight as you are among the lucky ones.   For those who understand,  who have gone out at 12 at night to pick up a game or game system. Who have logged a month or two on a video game, who have scratched and clawed to finish a board on insane or difficult, say a little prayer for my gaming soul.  As this has been a tough stretch, as i continue to fight the cravings I wish mercies and blessing to all those who endure the same.  May God have pity on us all...

2 comments:

  1. Jason
    love your stories, keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man I wonder what I'll miss when I'm not in America...Although I'm not addicted to anything but the internet. If I have that than I'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete