Friday 24 December 2010

The thoughts of a Coughing maniac....



As I lay on a futon that my home-stay mother loveingly layered 5 futons deep <3,  I slowly cough away years off my life. I feel fine other wise but i have a pretty abusive cough and there is not much you can do in the prescience of anybody especially Japanese people while you are coughing up a lung. So i lay here and watch Japanese tv which to be honest leaves much to be desired.  I have the same opinion of American TV but thats more my problem than Tv's.

So i let my mind wander a bit, some of my thoughts are rather intelligent even for me, but those of course are few and far between. Far majority are better not shown to the public but hey I am sick with only a white ceiling and a box that emits foreign tv shows so i don't see much other options.

So i present the Musings of a foreigner in Japan, kindly take this with as much seriousness as you would a 5 year who has claimed to have seen a Unicorn.

- I wonder how its the Japanese smoke and drink to excess yet they will outlive me by 35 years...

-  Why because I am american must i own a gun? Is there an unwritten rule some where that i don't know about but the Japanese/asian community do?

- 4 years in catholic high school and school uniform does nothing for me and 4 months in Japan some how does the trick..... i don't condone... i just understand....

- the most flamboyant outfit i will see in a day will always be a guy... And im sure that guy has the potential to get more Japanese women than i do....

- if western food improves the bust size of Asian women... does the same in a different area happen to asian men?

- i am amazed by the strength of old japanese women, old Korean women too... I as a young(relatively), Healthy(relatively), strong(realitively), Foreign man am constanly being muscled out of position for train doors and escalators.


-Why for a country with a majestic and intricate train system must it all shut down at 12?    Japanese people, i tell you now your economy will improve if you fix this one thing....

- why is there such imagination in Japanese commercials but rarely any in Japanese daily and nightly tv.... there is some quality but few and fare between i think and i have only seen evidence of it on Youtube...

- Japanese can put sweet paste and squid inside of an enclosed pastry but i see no signs of turnovers or beef pies... very sad....


all for now enjoy your Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment