Friday 17 December 2010

It's About time.....

My days in Japan are slowly winding down,  sooner rather than later i will be boarding my last flight back to New York.  It is not a thought that I dread either.  For all my experiences here good or bad I am lucky to have such an opportunity, but now I think its a bout time to go home and restart my life.   A bit refreshed, full of brand new experiences, a life time of memories and quite a few new friends.  Was it what i thought it would be?  By no means,  but that doesn't mean it was worse,  I think I surpassed in many ways what I thought was possible for even me in both language ability adapting to new culture and rules. 

My last day of class is Monday... I will say good by to the Chinese Nation that I was able to meet here in Yokohama.  I debate whether I should make a little speech or not.  I am not about making my leave in a grand manner but it would be rude to not at least say good bye, give thanks,  and wish them luck.

After that My plan is to go to Sapporo... Spend some time and meet my last friend in Japan that I met originally in New York.  All in all I don't feel time has gone either too fast or too slow,  everything occurred when it was suppose to, and while plans mostly got changed it was for the better,  I enjoyed traveling japan then go to Korea in such a short time period. It gave me an real experience of traveling abroad,  till then i was just a student abroad with responsibilities to manage both learning and have fun, i got to break out of that mold and focus on fun. However I don't think it would have been as rewarding if i did not put the effort and work into improving my Japanese.




If In the future i could do it again,  i would love to spend some more time in Korea,  and maybe finish my stay in Thailand or Vietnam,  but for now that is the speculation of a man still wandering around in the orient... I am grateful for where I am now and will spend my dwindling days experiencing all i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment