Thursday 4 November 2010

Halloween...!!



For Halloween I went to Kawasaki to see the parade, and the plan was to go to a few parties after that.  However for the past week I have been hampered with a a pain in my left shin that pretty much hampers my walking.  It's been a a real problem and has kept me out of school for a few days.   However I would not let it keep me from at least seeing some costumes and looking around Kawasaki for the first time.  The day prior I was suppose to meet some friends in Shinjuku for the Shinjuku parade but it rained heavily on Saturday due to a typhoon hitting the Tokyo area , so that sort of hampered my plans as well as the leg.

First off, Kawasaki at a glance is much like every other Japanese hub,  has its area by the JR station where all the shops and restaurants are.  The JR station is pretty big and has a few train lines going through it and has a pretty big main building with a few sit down restaurants, Krispy Kreme, Konbini's etc.  I didn't do much because of the leg so we walked to the parade route which we did not know where it was.  Sort of stumbled across it by dumb luck and by the sheer number of people in that area.


We waded through the massive sea of humanity till we found a decent spot, where i could sort of put my phone up and catch some decent photos. Before we found out sport we wandered down the parade route where we got a look at all the restaurants in the plaza and some of the clubs awaiting the people to come and play in the after hours. It was nice but relatively short. I imagine because of the forecast for further rain due to the typhoon which was still moving. 4 waves of about 200 or 300 costumers, Still is not bad i don't think.





Costumes ranged from a dude with a plastic bag on his head. To like really professional looking Victorian dresses and Japanese Sci-Fi Power Rangers/ Villains.  I don't really have many pics because of the fast movement of the parade, all the pictures sort of turned out blurry due to the crappyness of my phone.

Other than the parade people not much others was dressed up, neither was many children. As the Japanese don't actually trick or treat, it is more of a party and costume holiday. The adults club and the kids dress up for the heck of it, but don't reap the rewards of a massive candy haul.  I bet they don't get as many cavities either, so maybe it works out in the end.

Afterwards Sat down with my friend in a  nice restaurant and due to the leg called a day, bid my farewell afterwards and went back to the dorm to nap.  Other than the nagging shin not a bad day,  would have liked to play more but, It is what it is Weather and my leg would not allow.






No comments:

Post a Comment