Tuesday 16 November 2010

Do the Japanese know how to welcome you into their country or do they?



I stumbled across this as I am currently sick in my bed with nothing to do.  I was reading a Japanese foreigner website called Gaijin Spot looking for interesting stories and potential things to do. When the title caught my eye...in pure interest i of course had to read on and view the video.

In the video we see a half dress women in what is hard to quantify...the skirt is about 100 -115% normal for what Japanese women wear in real life, they get shorter than that as well.  The top; my god she is showing her navel, shoulders and chest. She must be getting paid a lot of money to do that because that's to embarrassing to do on ones own. What I find out is that it is actually lingerie by the company of the flag she proudly displays.  Specially designed lingerie to welcome visitors of japan at travel destinations.  The goal in essence is to help boost tourism in Japan. All due respect to the gentlemen who thought this up, but this idea doesn't work with Japanese women. I suspect you need to sell this franchise to Brazil and ask for a cut of the proceeding profits.

Starting from around 0:20 seconds to 0:35  she explains that the Top is also able to talk. When you push the center three buttons it says '  よこそう日本’  welcome to Japan, in Chinese, Korean, and English. At about here I must pause for a bit because I fear I have lost some of you at this point if not already. You may ask why doesn't she just memorize the 3 phrases. I have to just re-iterate... your not getting the point.  My only question was...Who pushes the button? Me or her?    At 0:36 seconds the interviewer Says  "面白いですね’ (interesting,isn't it) and i couldn't help  but think  おじーさん面白いだけ考えた? and with the awkward laugh the lingerie  maiden gave in reply I feel she felt the same.

Later she shows the skirt accessory which is actually a map. How convenient,  I get lost quite often, if every women had a map attached to her skirt I cant imagine I would get lost less though. Further on describes the spots like onsens and various potential stations for the outfit to be used at. Her speech is very polite and sort of cutey as to be expected.  At one point she mentions Haneda International airport and I quickly realize that my trip to Korea will be through said airport. Whether this will be put in place by the time I do my trip I do not quite know.

And at the end there is the cross leg wave that actually is not bad.  I highly doubt this will go into place as it is just a stunt by the lingerie company. I think japan thinks to much of its image to have these outfits on girls at all there highly honored areas. So the danger is just about at nil... However if on my way back from Korea,  I do happen across said outfit, I wonder if I can press it twice... I am coming from Korea after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment