Friday 1 October 2010

Who I am? Who am I?

As I begin to type, I wonder other than family who would care about who i am?  My current situation, and why I have come to this small island and what I search for. I don't plan to get to philosophical or deep but if you allow me i will go into my small story.

Currently  I sit in a home-stay in Kugahara, a suburb not to far out of central Tokyo. Far from my initial life in New York City. Tokyo and New York are not too far apart in ways of tempo and speed.  If you don't stand out you will be ignored. However culture and style  they are universes apart. In New York i felt life slow down, was mostly just following the motions of a boring life that i was not proud of.  Health was failing due to a disease I have had since birth, of which i will probably talk about at a later date.  Over all,  I needed a change of pace.


I had money, and I wanted desperately to escape.  Anywhere really would have done but I had been studying Japanese due to my college major and job aspirations. You see, I am a bit of video game geek.  The industry is just as big in Japan as it is in America. Possibly I could increase job opportunities with fluency under my belt. Thats the rational thought at least...  but i think subconsciously a lot more about japan appealed to me.

I know not what I hope to find in my adventures here. All I know is I want to improve myself. My current self and life is not except-able. So I want to improve myself for the better.  I don't think i could have done that in New York,   so on my own,  by my own effort I will live and I will try my best to succeed in this foreign land. Will there be lows and highs? I suspect, but this will not be a soap opera of woes and evil doing.  I will go step by step and do what i think is best and I hope in the end I will be able to live with what I have done.

Either way here I am, to cut it short.  I will save more details for later.  However the purpose for this, is to express my trials and my  experiences here in the orient.  I say Orient because in November i will go to Korea for a short period also.

I by no means have good English habits,  only by birth alone am I graced with the ability to talk and write. So please excuse the errors, because there will be errors I assure you.  And I will update probably once a week initially.  If by some stroke of luck I reach 100 or so followers, unlikely but stranger things have happened I assume; I will improve to every other day at least. But for not i will simply explore and comment on what I think other people may find interesting.   So, this is the beginning... Welcome to my Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment